Thursday, January 27, 2011

What once was a dollhouse is now a birdhouse/nesting box/bird feeder


As I mentioned in my last post, I am often inspired by visiting thrift shops. Recently I've become obsessed with feeding and watching all my backyard birds. And so with spring just around the corner, there's no better time then now to start putting out potential homes for my female feathered friends.

I am gifted with being able to find new uses for used things. For instance I was looking through some toys at the thrift store and came across a small colorful plastic dollhouse. I studied it for a minute and just like that I was so happy to see it become something totally new - a birdhouse.

In the pictures, I used the dollhouse as a birdfeeder. Maybe in February I'll make it into a birdhouse. This is a titmouse hanging from it and another one at a side door. How cute. Total cost - $5.

Until next time...find something to repurpose!

Thanks,
Okie

No comments:

Post a Comment