Sunday, January 23, 2011

What Once Was a Teapot is Now a Birdhouse/Nesting Box


After seeing my sister off from my mom's on Saturday, I stopped in at the DAV Thrift Store that's on my way home for a little inspiration and exciting finds. I've gotten so many inspirations at this particular thrift store, including my Rednek Wine Glass. But on this day, inspiration came when I got hold of a cute little teapot.

My friends call me the Bird Lady these days because I am so passionate about all my backyard friends, be they squirrels, foxes, raccoons, deer, turtles and especially birds.

So back to the teapot: When I saw the opening where the lid sits on the teapot, I instantly saw how turning the teapot in a different direction would make it into a perfect birdhouse or nesting box for my bird friends. I can't imagine that this new perspective was my very own idea so after bringing the teapot home, I made it to Google to see what other people have done with teapots. Low and behold, yes others have made birdhouses or nesting boxes from repurposing teapots. I'll be working on figuring how to hang the teapot by the handle and will post pictures once done.

Saturday evening, I showed some friends my repurposed teapot birdhouse idea and they loved it. I'm taking orders already. I'll need to hit some other thrift stores to search out more teapots.

Until next time...find something to repurpose!

Thanks, Okie

1 comment:

  1. That is just so awesome! The world of recycling turning into such cool things. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete