Sunday, January 30, 2011

What once was a candle holder is now a suet feeder

Yesterday I spent the day at my friend's house that is surrounded by woods and hiking trails. The five of us, including their three dogs, Phoebie, Kalo and Jessie, went out for a long hike. It was a beautiful day thanks to temperatures only in the 50s. I am so lucky that my friend Loretta loves the outdoors and all the wildlife. I never come empty handed, always bringing something related to feeding the birds in her yard.

The picture is a suet feeder hanging from one of her trees in the backyard. I made it using a cage-like candle holder that I bought from guess where? Yes, the thrift store and it was only $1.25. The base is a 45 cent glass plate also bought from the thrift store. It is glued to the cage that opens from the top. I broke up a suet cake into small pieces and put them into the cage. Though not picutred, I'm sure Loretta will have birds eating from it in no time. Hopefully she'll rememmber to take pictures for me to put on this blog.

Until next time...find something to repurpose.

Thanks,
Okie

No comments:

Post a Comment